Well it felt like just yesterday we were talking about Teacher Appreciation, and now that we’ve thanked our teachers for all they’ve done this year, it’s time to celebrate our graduates! Just like our Pencil Mason Jars, I like to add a little crafty goodness to gifts. It’s a great way to personalize – and for our graduates we came up with this adorable Graduation Cap Mason Jar!
Yes, my obsession with mason jars continue. They’re so versatile and make the best gifts. So these cute mason jars you can craft up in an afternoon and they’ll be perfect to fill with graduation money (because come on, that’s what they ALL want, right?) or even gift cards!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wooden plaque
- 8oz wide mouth half pint jar
- Black chalk or craft paint
- Wooden knob
- Twine or yarn
- Hot glue gun/glue
And the steps:
- Start out by painting your mason jar with black craft paint – I prefer to use chalk paint on glass jars. If after the first coat you’d like to add another coat for coverage, be sure to wait an hour between painting layers.
- Next, paint your wooden plaque and wooden knob with the same black craft paint.
- Once the plaque is dry, glue the mason jar ring to the bottom of the plaque using hot glue.
- Next, you’re going to want to create a tassel. We used twine for a more rustic look, but yarn or embroidery thread would work too!
- Simply loop the twine around your fingers, tie a piece of twine around the top.
- Cut the loops at the bottom and your tassel is formed!
- Next, tack the tassel to the middle of the top of your plaque (I used a simple thumtack and a little glue), and glue your painted wooden knob right on top.
And there you have it – an adorable Graduation Cap Mason Jar!
Now you have the perfect gift jar for your next graduation party! Fill it with graduation money, gift cards and more.
If you enjoyed this quick and easy craft, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more easy craft ideas, check out our collection of school-related crafts! Say hi if you drop by!