These GARLIC RANCH POTATO WEDGES are a great side dish for so many meals!
Usually I’m a meal planner. I love having my meals figured out ahead of time so I don’t have to stress about what’s for dinner. However, last week I completely forgot to make my meal plan. We had a hectic weekend and it just plain slipped my mind.
That meant I had to figure out our dinners on the fly. On Monday night, I planned to make my Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken. This is one of my family’s all time favorite recipes. I especially love it because it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
But, I couldn’t figure out what side dish I wanted. After scouring my pantry I found that I had some potatoes that I needed to use up and I found a packet of Ranch salad dressing seasoning. A light bulb went off.
I sliced the potatoes into wedges and tossed them with some olive oil and some of the Ranch salad dressing seasoning.
Then, I placed them on a baking sheet, skin side down, and baked them. When they were finished, I brushed them with some melted butter and minced garlic.
These potatoes were amazing! I loved the way the edges got all crispy while the insides were tender and creamy. And, the garlic butter….oh, my. This step should not be skipped. Trust me. My little guy loved these potatoes, too. He couldn’t get enough. He even ate the leftovers cold the next day.
I used Russet potatoes because that’s what I had on hand. But I would think this recipe would be great with most any kind of potato.
These potato wedges would also be perfect paired with your favorite burger! Here are some of my favorite burger recipes (can you say “Lager Bacon Burger”?!?).
- 4 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Ranch salad dressing seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Scrub potatoes and slice into wedges.
- Put potato wedges into a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over top.
- Add Ranch seasoning to bowl and toss to coat, ensuring all potatoes have an even coating.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, skin side down.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and add minced garlic.
- As soon as potatoes come out of the oven brush them with the garlic butter and serve.