This GARLIC & HERB GOAT CHEESE BALL comes together in less than 10 minutes plus it’s delicious and will impress your guests!
I’m the queen of easy appetizers and this one is so easy that it’s hard to even call it a recipe. I change it up based on what I have on hand in the pantry, but this is my favorite go-to for holidays and potlucks. Everyone loves it and there is never any to bring home.
The best part is that I make this up a day or so before I need it. Then I wrap it tight in plastic wrap and put in the fridge to hang out until I need it. The flavors only get better as it sits for a day or so.
I love to serve this with fresh cucumber slices and other cut up vegetables like red peppers, carrots, and celery. Of course, a selection of crackers and crusty bread is always a delicious option too. Seriously though, nothing goes better with a goat cheese appetizer like this than fresh sliced cucumbers, they are just perfect! The creamy and tangy goat cheese with the cool, crisp, refreshing cucumbers makes my mouth water. I wish I could say it was healthy, but I’m afraid the cucumber is just the vessel to get that decedent cheese into my mouth!
Oh and to make this even easier, I buy pre-roasted garlic from my grocery stores olive bar. It’s delicious and makes appetizers and dinners super easy! Check out the olive bar at your grocery if you have one, there are so many options. It’s perfect for putting together an appetizer platter too!
- 2 - 6 oz packages goat cheese, softened
- 1 bulb roasted garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped herbs (I used a combo of rosemary, thyme, & chives)
- In a large bowl, combine softened goat cheese, garlic, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Chop herbs and spread into a single layer on a cutting board. Turn out goat cheese into hands and shape into a ball, then roll in herbs to coat completely.
- You can serve now, but it's better if you let it sit for 12 hours or up to 2 days to let the flavors combine. Serve with fresh vegetables and crackers.