These FROSTED PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES are fudgy, rich & sweet for a dessert you can’t resist!
How many of you out there are serious peanut butter and chocolate lovers? What about brownie lovers? Now tell me, is there anything better than a fudgy brownie loaded up with peanut butter? I mean, that’s pretty much the dessert of desserts, right?
I know for me anyways, nothing quite cures those late-night cravings like a brownie, and when it’s loaded up with peanut butter, even better. These brownies are actually a hack on a box mix, so you just pick your favorite box mix and go from there. Then peanut butter cups are snuggled between two layers of batter before baking, talk about delicious!
And I am such a sucker for my Best Peanut Butter Frosting recipe, that of course, I have to layer it on every dessert I can! These brownies were no exception and I love the dense brownie texture smothered in the silky buttercream frosting! And I really think you’ll love them too, just don’t forget the milk!
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients called for
- 9 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3 Reese's cups, chopped
- Preheat oven according to package instructions and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix brownie batter according to package instructions and pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Arrange unwrapped Reese's cups in the pan on top of the batter, pour remaining batter over the Reese's cups and bake according to package instructions, generally 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before frosting.
- Cream Butter using a paddle attachment.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter and beat until well mixed.
- Add confectioners' sugar a cup at a time, alternating with heavy cream.
- Whip on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost brownies and sprinkle with chopped Reese's cups.
You might also enjoy: