Sweet & salty, this Fall Harvest Chex Mix is perfect for a snack or dessert!
Hi all! It’s Sara from Mom Endeavors and I’m thrilled to be joining the Real Housemoms team. You’ll find me here each month sharing a fun kid-related post. We’re kicking things off with a fun & easy recipe that little ones can help make – Sweet & Salty Fall Harvest Chex Mix.
I love making different Chex/snack mixes with my boys (ages 7,4, and 2) for a fun snack or dessert idea! In the past we’ve done, “Christmas Crack”, Candy Corn Chex Mix for Halloween, and a patriotic mix for 4th of July! So, I thought whipping up a fun snack munch that would work for Thanksgiving (or any time during the Fall) would be perfect! The beauty of mixes like this is that even the littlest ones can help make it!
Really, there’s not much more too it than just dumping things into a bowl. We used Bugles (to look like cornucopias) and the Autumn candy corn mix with the pumpkins. For added sweetness (and a more fun appearance), I decided to drizzle some chocolate over this Fall mix. Melting the chocolate & doing the drizzle was the only part the boys didn’t do. After I did the drizzling, then they decided orange sprinkles were needed! You certainly could leave that step out, but really who doesn’t love sprinkles?!
Here’s the easy recipe…(it does make a large bowl full, so cut in half if you want a small batch).
- 4 Cups Rice Chex
- 2 Cups Wheat Chex
- 2 Cups Pretzel Sticks
- 3 Cups Bugles
- 2 Cups Brach’s Autumn Mix
- 2 Cups peanuts
- 2 Cups Craisins
- 2-3 squares chocolate candy coating
- orange sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, dump all ingredients (except the chocolate and sprinkles) and stir to mix.
- Spread mixture onto a large baking sheet (best to do this in two batches, with about half the mix at a time.
- Melt the chocolate candy bark/coating in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Using a fork or spatula, drizzle the chocolate over the mix and let the kids follow immediately with orange sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate harden, then return to a large bowl and serve!