Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, & Tater Tot Bake
Author: Real Housemoms
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 or more
- One 32 ounce bag frozen tater tots
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese blend
- 2/3 cup 2% milk (whole milk would be fine too)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once bacon cools, crumble it into small pieces, and set it aside.
- Coat the inside of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump half the frozen tater tots into the crock pot, and spread into an even layer. Top tots with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/2 the crumbled bacon.
- Place uncooked chicken on top of the tater tot layer. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Top chicken with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Spread remaining tater tots over the chicken layer. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Pour milk over the top of the dish.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on HIGH on 3 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
You can cut down on your prep time buy using ready to serve (cooked) bacon as well.
Recipe by Real Housemoms at http://realhousemoms.com/crock-pot-cheesy-chicken-bacon-tator-tot-bake/