CROCK POT HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN is a simple, tasty meal that is easily done in your slow cooker!
I love taking a protein like chicken and adding a great sauce and finding a delicious meal 6-8 hours later. Nothing can be easier and it always something my family enjoys. So many cuisines can be made in your slow cooker and we love an Asian influenced meal. The sriracha is balanced nicely with the honey and you can adjust the heat to your liking with adding more or less honey. The heat does mellow out with cooking so don’t make it too sweet. I found a nice balance in this recipe but you can play with it too.The chicken is tender but not falling in shreds and still holding its’ shape after 6 hours. For this dish, I think that is the longest you need to cook it for, 5 hours would be good too but make sure the chicken is completely cooked through.
Look at that rich colour you get from using the sriracha, such a lovely contrast to the stark white of the rice. You get lots of delicious sauce to go with the rice too. A quick little thickening at the end of the cooking gives you a perfectly tangy sweet sauce.
We added some quickly steamed Asian mixed veggies to this for a complete meal. So easy and quick with everyone in a hurry. The rice is made in a rice cooker, so all you have is cleanup. I adore simple meals like this but your family will think it is anything but simple. Just add a few green onions to garnish and your family will think that you got takeout!
Do you have Sriracha at the ready? We love using this condiment and it is part of our growing list of must haves. My husband is a huge fan of this spicy sauce and uses it on a regular basis for all his Asian meals.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/3 cup honey (more or less to how sweet/hot you would like it)
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. conrstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Green onions, chopped
- Place all the ingredients except for the cornstarch and water into a slow cooker and stir well to mix and coat the chicken. Cook on low 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together and add to the sauce, stirring well. Cook on high for 15 min. until thickened. Serve over rice with green onions accompanied by fresh steamed vegetables.
Here is another great Crock Pot recipe from over at Noshing With The Nolands. A great summer recipe and so easy a kid could make it, Crock Pot Bacon Cheese Ranch Potatoes. Get your little chefs into the kitchen to help you create this recipe.