CREAMY SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN has the most flavorful white cream pesto sauce imaginable covering juicy chicken, and topped with parmesan cheese!
Pesto is the food I never knew I needed. It wasn’t until I was probably twenty that I tried it for the first time and you guys, I technically haven’t even reached my mid-twenties yet so basically I tried pesto for the first time two seconds ago. WHY did no one take me by the hand and tell me that something really amazing was missing from my life loooong before that I have no idea. If you had an opportunity and missed it, I am blaming you.
As soon as I took the very first bite I was one hundred percent sold. I went home and bought a big jar of pesto and I swear to you that thing disappeared faster than you can say YUMMYLICIOUSNESS. Not long after that though I made it myself for the first time and ohmagosh homemade pesto is seventeen times better than store-bought. Do yourself a favor and pretty pretty please make my favorite easy 5-minute pesto, you will thank me.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip chicken in, flipping to coat all sides.
- Grease a large skillet and cook chicken over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through and lightly browned. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
- In the pan where you cooked the chicken, add pesto and saute for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until fragrant. Add heavy cream and stir until hot throughout and combined with pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to pan, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, and cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil or parsley and serve hot.