Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite easy desserts – Creamsicle Chiffon Pie. This pie is so easy to make and very light and refreshing.
You know how it goes, you’re out and about and you run into some friends. One thing leads to another and before you know it, you have invited them over to your house for coffee and dessert.
That was us the other night. We had invited some friends over for coffee and dessert and low and behold, we had no dessert.
Between a quick clean up of the house and getting myself ready, I had no time to bake anything that required more than 20 minutes.
After a quick assessment of my fridge and pantry, I realized I had everything I needed to make this Creamsicle Chiffon Pie — Jell-O, yogurt, Cool Whip, mandarin oranges and a graham cracker crust.
My mother-in-law turned me on to this super easy pie. It comes together in less than 5 minutes and has only 5 basic ingredients. It really doesn’t get any easier than this.
I whipped it up fast, threw it in the fridge and commenced to my quick clean up. By the time our friends arrived, everything was ready.
The other thing I love about this pie is how refreshingly light it is. It’s the perfect summer-time dessert!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package orange Jello
- 2-6 oz containers of Orange Creamsicle yogurt
- 8 oz (3 cups) Cool Whip (storebought or homemade )
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Mix together the water and Jello. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Whisk in yogurt and Cool Whip
- Reserve 6 orange segments.
- Chop the remaining oranges into bite sized pieces.
- Fold the chopped oranges into the pie filling.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until set.
- Top with reserved orange segments before serving.
If you like this easy dessert recipe, you will love my No Bake Butterfinger Pie
Or my No Bake Milky Way Pie