CINNAMON SPICED HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX is the perfect holiday treat or diy gift! Curl up with a mug of hot chocolate on a cold winter night!
One of my favorite things about winter is curling up on my couch with a cozy blanket and a mug of hot chocolate. There is no better way to warm up after being out in the chilly weather!
This Cinnamon Spiced Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe is super simple to make and tastes so much better than the store bought variety. The great thing about homemade is that you control the ingredients and flavor. I added cinnamon and cayenne to really heat things up. But, you can make traditional cocoa mix if you prefer. Or add a bit of malted milk powder for chocolate malt hot cocoa (one of my personal favorites).
Fill pretty jars with cocoa mix and decorate with ribbon or twine for a thoughtful homemade gift.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne (optional)
- Combine ingredients in food processor and pulse until chocolate chips are completely processed.
- Transfer to clean airtight container.
- To make hot cocoa: Heat 8 ounces milk or water. Add 3-4 Tablespoons hot cocoa mix. Stir and serve.