Enjoy the same great taste and crispy texture of one your favorite classics in this CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE!
The transition from summer to fall is so difficult! First off, it’s starting to get darker earlier. Daylight just makes me so happy and gives me more time to snap photos of dinner. Second, I’ve gotten a little too use to not having a schedule. It’s hard to get back on one but the truth is, I get way more done and everyone, especially the kiddos, just do so so much better since they know what to expect. A yummy meal enjoyed together as a family also does wonders for the children and this Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe is one they love for sure!
I have 4 siblings so my mom had to cook for quite a few hungry bellies. I don’t know how she did it but pretty much every night there was a homemade meal ready for us to sit down and eat together. Many of the meals were tasty casseroles which are perfect for feeding a family. You can make them ahead of time and they are just so comforting and delicious. This Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe is new to my collection but will definitely be in the rotation for a long time.
Tender pasta and chicken robbed in marinara sauce with fresh mozzarella in the middle as well as on top. And to replicate that beloved crispiness on the chicken that makes the typical Chicken Parmesan, I added a mix of Parmesan and Panko bread crumbs to the top. Oh, it is good! Every casserole and pasta bake ought to have it on top! And to make it even better, on top of that crispy goodness is some melted fresh mozzarella cheese. If you’ve never had fresh mozzarella, now is the time… but regular mozzarella can be substituted if needed. Try out this casserole tonight!
If you liked this recipe, try out our other Easy Casserole Recipes!
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded into
bitsize pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 (25
ounce) jar Italian red sauce
- 12 ounces fresh Mozzarella, thinly sliced into 16 slices
- 3/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package until al dente. Drain and place back in the pot.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix the sauce and chicken in with the noodles. Until evenly coated.
- Spread half the mix into the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer on 8 slices of cheese followed by the remaining pasta.
- Mix the Panko crumbs and Parmesan together and sprinkle on top of the pasta. Bake for 15 minutes until crumbs are browned. Remove from oven, top with the 8 remaining mozzarella slices and pop back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until melted. Sprinkle with sliced basil and serve.