BUFFALO CHICKEN PINWHEELS are full of buffalo chicken flavor and blue cheese goodness! This is a classic appetizer with a football twist, make ahead and perfect for any game day!
You can’t get more of a classic football food than Buffalo wings! Whether you dip them in blue cheese or ranch dressing those little chicken bites are the best! They have that spicy vinegar taste with the creamy cheesy flavor of the dressing. THE best! We were already having Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings to watch the game the other day but I still wanted the buffalo flavor. I was cruising through our recipes and saw these Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups and thought I have to make a Buffalo version! This is how BUFFALO CHICKEN PINWHEELS were born. 🙂
The flavor of these little nibbles is out of this world. They are creamy and spicy and awesome. I made them the day before and it was perfect! I think that making them the day before actually gave the flavors the opportunity to meld more. I mean how can you go wrong with an appetizer that tastes better if you make it the day before?
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 4-6 flour tortillas, burrito sized
- in a mixing bowl combine the blue cheese and the cream cheese
- in a separate mixing bowl combine the chicken and Buffalo sauce
- lay a tortilla out on a plate and spread an even layer of the blue and cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges (about 2 to 3 tbsp)
- spread out about 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture over the blue cheese mixture
- starting on the edge and roll it up
- place on a plate and then repeat until all the ingredients have been used.
- refrigerate for at least an hour
- slice off the ends of the tortillas and set aside.
- slice into 1 inch thick pinwheels and serve