BLT SALAD is so amazing that when I took it to a friends house for a BBQ it was polished off and we all had 2 to 3 servings!!! What’s not to love about a bacon salad?!
The other day we went to our friends’ house for a BBQ. I love having neighbors that we can have dinner with. Our kids are the same age, and we live in the same cul de sac, so having dinner together makes the night easy. We brought a dish or two over to go with dinner and sat around talking and eating great food! One of the dishes we brought was BLT Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing. OMG!!! So good!!!
I accidentally over cooked my bacon in the oven to very crispy but not burnt. It turned out great! It added the crunch to the salad that I really like. For me a great salad is about color, taste and texture. I want to get excited about eating a salad or I’m just not going to do it. This salad was full of color and flavor and texture!! I topped it with my Avocado Ranch Dressing and we all loved it. I mean we kept going back for seconds and thirds. BLT Salad is my new go to summer salad to share with friends and family!
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb of bacon, cooked crispy
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped and soaked in water,then drained
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- avocado ranch dressing to taste
- toss all ingredients, except the avocado ranch dressing, in a large salad bowl
- when ready to serve top with dressing and toss again