Easy and healthy Berry Avocado Grilled Chicken Salad is a cinch to whip up in just 30 minutes with incredible flavors and textures. The poppyseed dressing brings all of those flavors together in this yummy salad!
BERRY AVOCADO GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Can you believe it is January?!? I’m still in shock a little bit. The December holidays came and went so quickly this year, and maybe it’s because I felt extra busy now that I have two littles taking up so much of my time, but I just feel like time is flying by faster than ever these days. Every day I feel like I have more to do and less time to do it in! Simple and easy meals are an absolute must for me or I’d end up opting for take-out every night I swear.
Grilled chicken salads are my go-to for weeknight dinners. They are SO easy, incredibly delicious, and healthy when I load up on fresh veggies or fruit, plus a few of my favorites like chopped nuts and crumbled cheeses. This berry and avocado version is one my very favorites, even my husband requests it regularly! We never get sick of this salad no matter what time of year it is or how recently we’ve had it on the menu, it never disappoints. All you need is 30 minutes (maybe even less!) to have this deliciousness on your dinner table!
- 2-3 chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh berries (any combination of your favorites)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, cover, and chill until ready to use.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Cook chicken on preheated and greased grill or grill pan for 5-8 minutes one each side until cooked through. Thinly slice or chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss together lettuce, avocado slices, berries, nuts, and cheese. Top salad with chicken and serve with poppyseed dressing.