BBQ Chicken Dip is one of the easiest appetizer recipes! It tastes just like BBQ chicken pizza in dip form! It’s great for entertaining!
One of my all time favorite flavor combinations is BBQ Chicken anything! I’ve shared my BBQ Chicken Pizza, BBQ Chicken Potato Skins and even BBQ Chicken Quesadillas! I can’t get enough!!! The sweetness of the BBQ sauce combined with the onion and cilantro is perfection. I decided I had to have it in easy dip form for the Super Bowl this year. Football is my thing. I love watching every week, although this year was hard after my quarterback was injured in week 2. The food is a huge part of making a Super Bowl party great! There are no guarantees that the big game will be entertaining, more often than not it seems we have a blowout on our hands. That’s when it falls to the commercials and the food to carry the day. I decided to make BBQ Chicken Dip for the Super Bowl this year. Dips are some of my go to football food. You can have a wide variety of flavors, served up with a few chips and you’re set. Not only that, but they’re so easy to make and you can generally get them ready in advance to only pop them into the oven or slow cooker before the party starts.
BBQ Chicken Dip is no exception! It’s so simple to make and you can get it ready the day before the party, then just pop it in the oven about 25 minutes before your guests get there. My husband and I couldn’t stop nibbling on it every time we walked by. I think it ended up as our dinner that night. We had it with wavy chips to dip and it reminded me of the potato skins but a lot easier! It’s a great dip and I know you’ll fall in love with it from the first bite. Happy Super Bowl everyone!!!
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- in a large bowl mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and BBQ sauce
- stir in the mozzarella cheese, salt, garlic powder, red onion, cilantro and chicken
- spread into mixture into a baking dish and even out the top
- sprinkle with cheddar cheese on top
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and bubbly
- remove from oven and sprinkle with extra onion and cilantro and drizzle with BBQ sauce