This delicious BANANA COCONUT BUNDT CAKE is a light banana cake packed with coconut & drizzled with a sweet sugar glaze. Perfect for brunch or dessert!
I have a deep obsession with coconut. It reminds me of the beach, which is home for me. It’s tropical, light & delicious. I really can’t get enough. So I am always finding ways to incorporate it into recipes as much as possible. I love it so much, it truly makes me happy. So when I was craving a delicious cake I immediately went for my Banana Coconut Bundt Cake recipe. It has that great banana flavor that pairs so well with coconut. The whole family was in heaven.
I like to add a little glaze on top for some added sweetness & then sprinkle some coconut & a little toasted coconut on top. You could also skip the glaze & add a drizzle of caramel sauce instead. That would be absolutely amazing!
It’s the perfect cake as we get closer to spring. I make this one through til’ fall. It’s a favorite for sure!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes + more for topping
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- *sprinkle of toasted coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter & flour your bundt pan - or give a heavy spritz with Bakers Joy cooking spray
- In mixer bowl beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy
- Add in eggs one at a time - beating well in between each one
- Add in mashed bananas - stir
- Add flour, baking powder & salt & beat until batter is smooth
- Stir in coconut & transfer to prepared pan
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until golden brown & toothpick test comes out clean
- *Note - if it looks like it’s browning too much on the sides but still needs to go a bit longer for the center, cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- *Allow to cool on wire rack completely before removing from pan.
- Once cool, invert on cake plate
- For the glaze, combine ingredients & whisk until smooth
- Drizzle glaze immediately on cake, top with additional coconut & serve
Looking for more great coconut recipes? Here are some of our favorites!