BACON WRAPPED AVOCADO FRIES have to be at your Super Bowl party! It’s an easy appetizer and perfect for entertaining!
I lived BIG in December! I ate all the goodies I wanted, drank mimosas everyday we were at my parents’ house for Christmas, had In ‘n Out twice, and all the Chex Mix I could handle! It was amazing!!! Then New Year’s hit and my body was very, very mad at me. I decided to clean up my act, and my diet for January and swing that pendulum all the way to the other side. I’m watching what I’m eating and being more strict than I normally would. I cut out grains, dairy and sugar for 30 days. This is not something that I could do forever, I love cheese and bread and chai lattes, but it’s really helping me get back inline and eat like a normal person again. It’s hard to not have a big cheesy dip while watching the playoffs this month!!! So, I came up with Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries! Avocado Fries are so good and they’re always super popular every time they’re made!
These are amazing! I would eat them even if I wasn’t watching what I’m eating. First, you can’t go wrong with just about anything wrapped in bacon, but when you wrap a deliciously creamy avocado slice in bacon you’re on the right track! I used almond meal and coconut flour in this recipe instead of all purpose flour. Coconut flour is getting easier to find these days. I just found it in the baking isle at my regular grocery store. I love the flavor and texture from the almond meal and the extra protein that I get from it. When you bite into Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries they’re warm and creamy on the inside with the crunch of the almond meal and the smoking bacon flavor on the outside! I will absolutely be making these again for the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks!
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb bacon, strips cut in half
- preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- line a baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on the sheet and spray with cooking spray
- cut avocados in half then the halves into 4 strips
- place the coconut flour into a shallow dish, and the eggs into another dish
- combine the almond meal, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder in another shallow dish
- place an avocado slice in the coconut flour and shake off the extra
- dip into the eggs and let the extra fall off, and coat in the almond meal mixture
- wrap a bacon slice around the avocado slice and place on the rack
- repeat with remaining avocado slices
- place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bacon is crisp and almond meal is golden