BACON BROCCOLI SLAW is a very simple recipe that tastes amazing! Smokey bacon combine with the crisp broccoli and tangy dressing to make a great side dish for any time of year!
I love broccoli salads and slaws! This Broccoli Salad has been a favorite of ours for years! So, the other night when I went to dinner with a friend I had to order the Bacon Broccoli Slaw. It was delicious! I knew that I had to make it at home for the rest of my family! I’m not sure why but broccoli salad always seems like a summer food to me. I know it doesn’t make much sense but that’s always how I think of it. When I had this Bacon Broccoli Slaw it felt more like a year round food. The smokey flavor of the bacon makes it seem like it fits during the winter! I know super weird but that’s how my brain works. 🙂
Bacon Broccoli Slaw couldn’t be any easier to make! For mine I even made my own mayonnaise! It turns out that’s actually super easy to do! Who knew! It’s not necessary for this recipe and I didn’t put that in the recipe card. Feel free to use any mayonnaise you have on hand. I used the slicer on my food processor to get this slices of broccoli because that’s how it came at the restaurant and I like the look of it. You can absolutely make it using the broccoli slaw you can get at the grocery store. Make your life as simple as you can, right!
- 1 head of broccoli, sliced in food processor (if not use 4 cups broccoli slaw from store)
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup purple onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- in a large salad bowl combine broccoli, bacon and onion
- in a small mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice
- season sauce with salt and pepper
- pour dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss