Wonderfully crunchy, satisfying Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad is a perfect harmony of flavor and texture all doused in to-live-for bright and refreshing Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing!
This Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad has it all from the crunchy brussels sprouts, sweet crisp apples, hearty broccoli, and fresh bell peppers to the creamy feta, nutty salty pecans and a sweet and tangy dressing that’s destined to become one of your favorite go-to dressings. Now just imagine all that deliciousness – in one bite! Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad is incredibly versatile – add craisins, add bacon, swap out the broccoli or bell peppers for other veggies – just make sure you have some sort of sweet component (sweet apple, pear craisins, etc.), a roasted salty nut and the delectable Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing to marry it all together. And above all, don’t forget the brussels sprouts.
APPLE PECAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I didn’t grow up on brussels sprouts so I was kind of late to the fan party, but now they are one of my absolute favorite vegetables. For those of you who don’t think you like brussels sprouts, it is possible because you associate them with a sulfur flavor. In fact, when my mom was in town and tasted this salad, one of her first comments was how the brussels sprouts didn’t taste bitter at all – her main prejudice against brussels sprouts. The bitter Sulphur flavor only comes from overcooking brussels sprouts. When they are raw or cooked to crisp, tender perfection – zero bitter Sulphur taste! Instead, raw, shaved brussels sprouts taste like mildly sweet raw cabbage – just with even more wonderful crunch, which makes perfect sense because brussels sprouts are a miniature member of the cabbage family and my new favorite for salads!
You can prep the entire salad ahead of time, save the apples, so it’s ready at a seconds notice, and leftovers are equally delicious. To shave my brussels sprouts, I sliced them the old-fashioned way with a knife, but it takes seconds with a mandolin or your food processor fitted with the slicer blade. But any way you slice it, this Apple Brussels Sprouts Salad is hearty, astonishingly good for you salad you will crave for days!
Want more salad recipes?
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Sweet Potato & Apple Quinoa Salad
- Pear and Gorgonzola Spinach Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Berry Avocado Grilled Chicken Salad
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make this Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe
Mason Jar: Mason jars are great for storing everything from salad dressing and coffee creamers to overnight oats and all kinds of delicious make ahead dishes!
Salad Bowl: This wooden salad bowl is a gorgeous addition to any dinner table. I’ve had mine for years and love it!
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1 sweet apple (Fuji/Honeycrisp), chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted, salted sliced pecans
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the poppy seed ingredients to a jar, cover and vigorously shake or add to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Chill for at least one hour. May store for 1 week in the refrigerate.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to coat. Drizzle with your desired amount of dressing.
You might also like: